Friday, February 1, 2008

Bunch o'cards

I've been purusing different websites and getting some fun ideas. I've really enjoyed looking at Stampin' Kub the last couple of days . . .his stuff is so clean and simple. It's kind of refreshing since you see sooooo much "busy" stuff out there. Check it out if you get a chance, I've added him to my list at the right. Anyway, here are some cards I did a couple of nights ago (some ideas scraplifted from the Kub) . . . and one I just did tonight with a new (to me) technique called Faux Silk.

I've been trying to use some of my "other" product . . . so most of this is non-CTMH. Enjoy . . .

This is a blank card base I've had for years but the color matched my CTMH Twilight ink PERFECTLY!!! Butterfly is stamped in twilight . . .
Photobucket

I LOVE the colors in this one . . .
Photobucket

I thought this one was really nice . . . the purple color is actually the reverse side of the green . . nice combo, huh?!
Photobucket

Had a lot of fun with this one . . . one of my favorites of the batch . . I used my Weathered Background (CTMH) stamp for the first time to do the cheesecloth look . . . I really like the way it turned out! Gotta play with that stamp set more often!
Photobucket

Real simple . . . wanted to play with red and pink and had to add a little "bling!"
Photobucket

And . . . the new technique . . Faux Silk. I think I'll have my Hostess Club make a card using this technique at our next meeting . . . what do you think, ladies? This one, by the way, uses ALL CTMH products.

Photobucket

Here's a close up so you can see the texture better . . .
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lynette van Barrelo said...

Hi Jeani,

Those cards look great and that snow!!!! Oh... I would love to have snow!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Don't you just love that the internet can bring people the world over to each other? FUN! FUN! FUN!