Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Scrap Happy in the New Year

One of my New Year's resolutions is to be more organized in my scrapbooking area and USE MY SCRAPS!! I sat up until 12:30 am (Happy New Year!) sorting out my scraps . . and as I was picking through tiny pieces of paper and trying to decide what to save and what to toss, I kept telling myself "this is insane, Jeani . . .throw them away!" . . .but I couldn't. You know how it is . . especially with sentiments . . you just need a small scrap of paper to stamp your sentiment on and then you need a small scrap to back it . . so, needless to say, I ended up keeping most of the scraps I had accumulated over the past year. But, I RESOLVE TO USE MY SCRAPS IN 2008! You heard it here first, now hold me to it!

So, my first card of the year (for my Dad's birthday) was made entirely of scraps (except for the card base which was leftover from a card class). I thought it turned out pretty good. It's hard to keep the manly cards simple . . I still had to add a little ribbon, but I think it works!

Photobucket