Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Project Life . . . coming soon!

I'm ecstatic about Project Life this year . . .
I bought my kit in March of last year
I was so excited to do it, but I got so far behind . . . so quickly.

I don't have (make) time to go out to Walmart and order pictures.
For one thing I usually have the boys with me and they don't have the patience
(nor do I) to sit there for an hour and go through my photos.

I even tried ordering them online, but it just takes to long to upload, etc, etc, etc. . .
so . . . .
my Project Life sat and sat . . .

But now . . . a New Year and a fresh start!
I'm excited all over again and . . . . I have a plan. . . a process, if you will . . .

Part 1 of MPLP (My Project Life Plan) - I got a Canon Selphy for Christmas . . .
now it is so easy to print out my pictures
daily/weekly - however often I want to print them!

Part 2 of MPLP - On January 1st I started a daily journal - I just jot down a few sentences every night before I go to bed about what we did that day, the weather, etc. Simple, not too thoughtful, nothing deep, just notes about the day.

Part 3 of MPLP - I still take tons of photos and the date I take the photos is recorded in my camera . . . so . . .

if you put them all together, I can piece together a week quite easily by looking through my photos and reviewing my journal . . .

I run to my Selphy and . . . VOILA! Project Life is happenin' in my house!

Simply put . . I love it!

I'm finishing up my 3rd week of January . . .
. . .how's that for a good start to the year!

Another thing that helped me . . . (baby steps) . . . is I'm doing 1 page (rather than 2) per week. It's more doable for me right now . . .
I may find that I need 2 pages if I continue to make this process work . .

but for now, the one page per week is working for me!

Gonna run now because I'm going to try to work on some embellishing tonight . .
hopefully by this weekend then I'll be ready to post my first 3 (completed) weeks here . . .
for all the world to see . . .
yikes!

Hope you all approve! *grin*

Have a great night!

No comments: