Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines cards & a "fancy day"

The boys and I made Valentines last night for my hubby . . . their cards cracked me up . . .
Here's Joe's card to his dad (it says "Let's sniff out awesomeness" on the outside . . and on the inside "I found it! The real awesomeness comes from you!"
 photo 81a9c180-cd15-4e0a-95b5-ef67b8b0adbd.jpg
Love the way he had the dog's head sticking up above the card base . . . . can you can tell he likes to hang out in my scrap room with me? LOL!

Josh's card - he loves camoflauge and hunting - says "Shhhh . . I'm hunting awesomeness. Hey! I have him in my sights." They crack me up!
 photo 1741f800-94b9-4cb2-9ca8-b85949e9ce30.jpg
And here's my card:
 photo 7abcccbc-2e5d-4e33-a553-fe25b806b68d.jpg
Love the Studio Calico male and female wood veneers. . . I lifted my card idea from Steph Washburn (saw her card in the Studio Calico gallery). Here's a close up of the heart . .

 photo 1ac145e1-07ed-4a4c-8791-686db00ba1e0.jpg
I die cut 2 hearts from chipboard and glued them together and then die cut a piece of my That's Amore (CTMH) paper and adhered it to the top of the heart and covered the whole thing in liquid glass.  Then I die cut a smaller heart out of my felt (Papertrey Ink has THE BEST felt - love it!).  I popped up my banner with popups to add just a little more dimension. Fun, huh?!?!

Finally, have to share a little funny from my sweet little Joey . . .

 photo 78ea0756-29d7-43b2-919b-c5c6afb4b599.jpg
 . . . when I dropped him at school the other day, he said . . ."Mom, do you have any meetings today?" I said, "Nope . . not today." Joe replied . . . "Well, then have a fancy day!"  How stinkin' cute is that?!?!?  Love that kid!

Thank you for stopping by . . and "have a fancy day!"

Jeani

No comments: